Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Flying Creatures

Our Kansas summer is beginning to be hot, but I still enjoy cool mornings on our front porch with my Bible and coffee. Our house faces west, making the early morning hour just after sun-up especially cool and comfortable. As I read, pray, and meditate on Scripture, I hear all the birds that make their home near ours singing and calling to each other, and I see them swooping around and alighting on branches in my view.
Western Kingbird (Wikipedia)
Recently I noticed several birds that I believe are Western Kingbirds. Our suburban cul-de-sac usually is home to sparrows, robins, and starlings, so it caught my eye to see a yellow-bellied bird speeding through the air across our front yard. This morning the kids and I took a closer look at them through binoculars, watched them flying around a neighbor's tree (that must house their nest) and going back and forth to a street lamp.

My daughter said to me, as she peered at the bird through the binocs, "Mom, now we are like real birders."

I think she's right!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...