Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blogging for a Year

After reading that Sharon's blog is now one year old, I realized that today marks one year of Veritas at Home.

Veritas at Home trivia:
  • My book reviews, "Faith of a Child" and "The Dumbest Generation" are the posts that are most often found through Google searches, but snag few reader comments.
  • The book review on on The Dumbest Generation has received the most comments, but eight comments is pretty unremarkable by Internet standards.
  • One of my favorite posts is probably "In Defense of a Chronological Study". 
  • My post "Family with a Mission" might be one of the duller offerings, but it has proven to be the most useful to me. The process of articulating our family's mission really has influenced our family's direction.
  • Since I began tracking the site, I've received 2,327 hits. About half of those are from my handful of faithful friends who stop by regularly. The fact is that Veritas at Home is not a high-traffic site, but that suits me fine.
For the most part, we celebrate personal Edwards Academy accomplishments here, but Veritas at Home also gives me a place to put into words the ideas and thoughts that form in the background of my mind as I listen to my kids say their Shurley grammar jingles, sound out their Phonics Pathways phrases, or practice their math facts. 

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love your post on your family mission - it's so similar to what we have for our homeschooling purpose I can completely understand where you are coming from - and thus where you are going!

I'm a big fan or chronological Bible study as well. I still remember the first time Jeff and I did a quick overview of the Bible together (three Bible study nights in a row with our previous small group in Darwin) and I remember both of us thinking for the first time "Oh, so that's how that fits in!" Doing The Bible Overview course really helped me as well, when Jeff began at Trinity Theol College.

I'm happy with my site being low traffic as well - it seems that the few people who do become "faithful readers" are the ones from whose comments I learn the most as well.

So thanks for writing!

~ Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...