Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Boys and Books

Yesterday Lane ran up to me and announced:

"Mom! You know what I'm going to do?" I looked at him. He had the same shining eyes and dimpled smile that he had the night he announced his movie-making plans.

"What, Lane?"

"I'm going to write a chapter book!"

This afternoon Lane brought me a sheaf of papers, haphazardly cut to approximately 4" by 6" size. With stapler in hand, he asked me to help staple the long edge for his binding. Since Lane is a very new reader, I wondered how his writing efforts would go. I soon found out.

A look over his shoulder:
Jack and the Wild Bear Mystry
1.
The Bear Mytr
The case is a bad case. the time is 1:00 in the morning.

***
I peeked in on our sleeping boys this evening. Toby is fast asleep on his back and Curious George Goes to School is open across his arm. Not quite three and he's already sneaking books past bedtime. I can't blame him. I prefer to read until my eyes won't stay open, too.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love kids who love books! I wish him luck on his chapter book :)

Sharon said...

What a familiar story! I find books strewn all over the girls' bedroom floor before I head off to my bed as well. This evening I took one book from Anna and turned off the light only to find her "reading" another (it was a golden book, but she was "reading" about Milly-Molly-Mandy) a few minutes later.

Still, I can't complain either. I'm exactly the same and I was when I was a kid, so they're just taking after me. Daylight Saving means they can read by the sun until pretty late here at the moment as well.

~ Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...