Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Doodling


Inspired by Amanda of Hidden Art posting about The Big Draw, I decided to try drawing some different things while the kids were working on their school work. I'm no artist, but I thought it would be fun to tinker a bit. I decided it is easier--oddly--to draw my hand than it is to draw something more uniform, like my coffee mug or the Elmer's. I stepped away from my drawing and returned to find Lane finishing up the glue bottle drawing for me, so he deserves part of the credit for that one! I've been trying to convince Lane to try drawing what he sees and not what he thinks he sees, but I never could get through to him. After I did these drawings last week, however, I've noticed that Lane has been copying some objects as best as he can and even added a little shading. Hmm.

2 comments:

hiddenart said...

I found my hand easier to draw as well. Isn't that strange? Not what I expected.

I love your blog. I see we have many of the same curriculum choices. :)
amanda

Mrs. Edwards said...

Thanks for stopping by, Amanda. I can't remember anymore how I found your blog, but you're in my reader and I enjoy your posts! Thanks for the inspiration. I journal my prayers everyday, but just in ink and prose. I really love to see your journal pages and your thoughts expressed through words and art. Very cool.
Blessings,
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...