Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Uh-Oh!

Toby came up behind me in the kitchen and stomped his foot.

"I'm right here, Mommy!" I turned around at the sound of his stamping foot and demanding voice.
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry, Mommy." He spoke softly with a small smile on his face.
"You're sorry?" I squatted down to his level. "For what, Toby?"
"I'm sorry we got in your stuff."
"You got in my stuff? Where have you been?"
"Lane and I have been hiding."
"Why?"
"I'm sorry, Mommy." He smiled at me. I hugged him and said, "Let's go see."

I didn't find what he was talking about. At least not yet.

I think that Lane was hiding because I had asked him to pick up "stuff" in his room. I'm repeating (from Proverbs 31--see "He Will Transform" post) "she works with willing hands" to myself all day today. I'm not the only one that finds that difficult. Lane told me, "Work! Work! Work! That's all we ever do!"

If you have been to my house and seen our messes, you know that can't possibly be true!

2 comments:

mom24 said...

Ahhhh... this makes me smile! My 7yo says this as well as "There's NOTHING to do around here!" (as I'm surveying the MILLIONS of toys, books, and crafts left out and about).
I should repeat that verse more often too....
Andrea

Sharon said...

Our verse for this is "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked generation, shining like stars as you hold out the word of life." It's from Colossians, I think, or maybe Philippians. 3:14? 2:19? Sorry, not sure and I don't have my bible handy.

~ Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...