Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's a good thing

It's a good thing that bathroom lavatories have a drain hole at the top edge!

Otherwise Tobias would have flooded our hall bathroom yesterday.

The water was brimming when I walked by.
And he was brimming with excitement.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! So glad that you caught it!

Sharon said...

Last Sunday Abigail and I managed to flood the ladies toilets at church. Our new church, too, not the old one!

She stood on the toilet seat to read the flush and accidentally bumped out the pipe that runs from the water reservoir. Then when I pressed the button, having grabbed her down without noticing the change in the pipe's angle, water went everywhere!

As I hurried off to find someone to tell me who I should ask for help in cleaning up the mess and making sure I'd put the pipe back in properly, I was very thankful that it was the clean water which had spilt all over the floor.

I guess it's this sort of accident that makes me nervous about being known by everyone as the Pastor's wife!

~ Sharon

Mrs. Edwards said...

Sharon,
That gave me a good, long laugh! How completely embarrassing!

My dad is responsible for, among other things, the facility of the church where he is on staff. They were having trouble with a toilet and after several tries to fix it, a plumber discovered a cell phone down in the line! One wonders if the owner never realized or was too embarrassed to 'fess up!

Sharon said...

That's just hilarious! I assume the water stopped it working... Can you imagine sitting down and hearing a phone ring from underneath you???

~ Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...