Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Washing Dishes and Listening to Sermons

Tonight while Mr. Edwards and the older three kids were at BSF, I listened to a Mars Hills Church podcast from his 1 Peter series (as I washed pots and pans and scrubbed the kitchen). This iTunes link takes you to the podcast; I listened to "Trial: Submission to Authority," the 2/23/09 sermon.

So biblical and practical, Pastor Driscoll helps us understand what it means to submit to authority. "It's not about whether or not people think well of you...the real issue is, what do they think about Jesus? ... So, our goal is to submit to authority and serve...critics...and repent when we fail."

Pastor Mark Driscoll - Mars Hill Church: Mark Driscoll Audio - Mars Hill Church: Mark Driscoll AudioMars Hill Church: Mark Driscoll Audio


While I'm at it, I'll recommend another podcast from Paradise Valley Community Church near Phoenix, Arizona. We look forward to hearing Pastor Switzer at Family Camp every summer, but in the meantime I listen in to his preaching occasionally through his podcast. Pastor Switzer is preaching on Ephesians, a book I've been praying through recently.

Unknown - Paradise Valley Community Church - Paradise Valley Community ChurchParadise Valley Community Church: Frank Switzer

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Not reading Orthodoxy then? I guess you don't want to get soap bubbles all over it. And it's a bit hard to take notes when you're up to your elbows in dish water.

~ Sharon

Mrs. Edwards said...

At some point I simply must do my chores! I'm a mess about housekeeping because I indulge too much in reading! :)

I am reading Orthodoxy, though. I'll post about chapters 1-2 later in the week.

Sharon said...

Not sure if you realised how tongue-in-cheek that comment was! I am in the same position. Actually, those days where there is no internet access here are great days to catch up on housework. For me the thing I always put off is folding washed clothes. At the moment one of our couches is covered with four piles of children's clothes, all sorted by person, just waiting to be folded. And as you can see from this comment, I am avoiding doing it! Actually having my b'fast.

I am hoping to post on ch1-2 later today, though.

~ Sharon

Mrs. Edwards said...

Funny that you should mention laundry. I have the same chronic problem and tried to tackle it this week by re-organizing my laundry room a bit. We'll see.

Yes, I did read the tongue-in-cheek tone in your comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...