Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Teacher Training

I'm very excited to be attending the Children Desiring God conference in just four weeks from today! I'm also looking forward to going along with several of the other Sunday School teachers from our church. It will be so good to spend some extended time with them on the trip and grow closer to them. (We use the CDG curriculum at our church.)

Perhaps most of all I'm looking forward to the worship and seminars and speakers. We'll hear from John Piper, Bruce Ware, and Paul Tripp and many others in seminars.

I have to confess that I am not looking forward to being away from my family. In the abstract it sounds wonderful: Four days without dealing with a tantrum! Four days away from laundry! Four days away from cooking!

But the reality is that I am really going to miss my family!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Hello Amy! I saw your comment on Natalie's blog... it just took me awhile to find time to respond! How are you doing? Your blog looks great... I'll have to read through it someday when I have more time. (which may be awile...) ;-)

God bless!
~Brittany

Sharon said...

You will have a great time, I am sure. And you will probably miss the kids less than you think, because you'll be so busy.

Tonight, Jeff is going to be asking the elders at our church to consider hiring a Children's Worker to plan and develop biblically sound curriculum, and to train parents and Sunday School teachers to disciple the children more effectively. It's a very exciting idea except that I am a bit sad that I can't do that all as well!

~ Sharon

Mrs. Edwards said...

That is a very exciting development, Sharon! And I feel your frustration that you can't do it yourself. I know you would have so much fun with that!

This very idea is a theme of what God is teaching me lately, i.e. just because I could do it doesn't mean I should do it. I'm in a simplify-my-life season as a result because I'm not doing my first things well.

Sharon said...

"just because I could do it doesn't mean I should do it" Exactly!

And being realistic, I do hope that I will have some impact on the mothers who come to the women's gathering that I might help them to better disciple their children in the ways of the LORD which very much relates to this anyway, so it's not like I will be having nothing to do with Ch'ns Min, after all.

~ Sharon

Sharon said...

Only a week to go! I am starting to get really excited for you!

~ Sharon

Mrs. Edwards said...

You're right! After keeping an eye on this week's Gospel Coalition conference (http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/) via Internet, I'm getting really excited. (I haven't actually listened, just read some notes. The manuscript for John Piper's sermon on 2 Tim. 1:1-12 are very good.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...