Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Definitely not the logic stage


Why is it that when preschoolers are extremely tired they are much more willing to expend great amounts of energy resisting and raging? Temper tantrums at five o'clock result in sleeping three-year-olds at the dinner table.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I couldn't agree more!!

Laura said...

In the very same boat... the tantrums of age three simply boggle my mind. One minute a totally happy camper; the next, a screaming, inconsolable boy.

Oh, I wish I could throw one :).

Laura

Sharon said...

I can definitely empathise.

Samuel has been having a conniption fit almost every time I try to put his shoes on lately. He wants to wear bumble bee gum boots that are about five sizes too big for him... everywhere. He is spending a lot of time seat belted in to his high chair. I wait until all the tears and anger are over and he can say sorry calmly before I let him out.

He ends up in the high chair most afternoons when he won't stay in bed for his nap as well. It is amazing how five minutes in the high chair will allay fifty minutes of out of be/back into bed dance between the two of us.

I will pray for you! For patience!

~ Sharon

PS Re our emails, what do you know about Portland? I think Kellie recommended it.

learningatourhouse said...

Oh, I can sooooo relate! LOL!

amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...