Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How Tweet It Is

I'm not sure why, but I'm tweeting now. I'm a reluctant social networker, but I started a Twitter account in order to follow some others. 

If you use Twitter, you can find me at @VeritasatHome.
If you are a regular "Veritas at Home" reader, you might get a kick out of seeing me limited to 140 characters per post!

Am I the only one that worries that all this blogging, Twittering, Facebooking, and the like, are aiding and abetting us in living self-centered lives? I seek to glorify God and submit to Him in all I blog (and now tweet). But I am well aware that it is a high-risk endeavor. 

"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41)

3 comments:

learningatourhouse said...

That is exactly how I felt when I started using Facebook. I harrassed my husband for the longest time when he started his, but I fell into the trap! It is actually a great way to keep up with family and friends who live out of town. I have a few cousins away at college, for instance.

Eric and Pam said...

"Am I the only one that worries that all this blogging, Twittering, Facebooking, and the like, are aiding and abetting us in living self-centered lives? I seek to glorify God and submit to Him in all I blog (and now tweet). But I am well aware that it is a high-risk endeavor."

- You're not the only one! That is a great challenge to us all to keep in the fore-front of our thoughts. I am not sure I've thought of it exactly like that before.

Mrs. Edwards said...

Good to see you on Twitter. I was feeling a bit lonely, not finding my friends...

Hey-I see you follow Mark Driscoll on Twitter. Have you listened to some of his sermons?

I miss you and hope you are well up there in the big city!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...