Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mom's Wisdom (!)

This afternoon I found myself saying,

"Lane, it is foolish to sit in your room, on the carpet, and scrape the mud off the bottom of  your cowboy boots!" He grunted at me, unconvinced and irritated, grasping a long stick and surrounded by little clods of mud. Now he is preparing to vacuum. As for me, the word of God that filled my head doused the fire of my anger before it started to blaze. I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth!

Meanwhile, I glanced outside and saw Hope, leisurely pedaling her bike around the cul-de-sac....and reading the book Breadwinner as she rode.

"Hope!" I called. "It isn't a good idea to read while you're riding!" I turned back to cooking dinner. Hope soon entered the house.

"But Mom! I want to ride my bike and I want to read Breadwinner!!"

If that doesn't tell you that Breadwinner is worth reading, I don't know what will!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...