Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Monday, June 15, 2009

I Come Running to You

Aren't you thankful that God doesn't evaluate our problems, our crises, our pain and grief, and then say, "This one you can handle without Me?" As I was thanking God this morning for His ever-present comfort, it occurred to me how prideful I was to think that some of the things I face are manageable on my own.

I think it is a constant temptation for me to cling to the doctrine of justification by faith but then live out a doctrine of sanctification by my own effort, not the Spirit in me. And this morning God said to me,
Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?...Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith--just as Abraham "believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"? (Galatians 3:3,5-6) ESV

As I wrote out my prayers this morning, I found myself writing, "And I come running to You! Forgive me for trying to do it alone." What a blessing the Sovereign Grace song "I Come Running" has been to me! Listening to the Valley of Vision album makes my whole day one of ceaseless prayer! An excerpt:
Jesus, I am blind, be my light
Darkened in my mind, be my wisdom
Bend my stubborn will to Your own
Open up my ears to hear Your Spirit
Melt my conscience once again
Help me hate the slightest sin
And when Satan comes to tempt me

Chorus
I come running to You, when I fear, when I ’m tried
I come running to You, to Your blood, to Your side
And there my soul finds rest
There my soul finds rest in You
By Mark Altrooge © Sovereign Grace Praise 2005
Click here to listen to tracks from the Valley of Vision album.
Sharon, thanks for recommending this music!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...