Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Sovereign over the Search

I was startled to notice in my SiteMeter stats that someone found my blog, in the wee hours of the morning, after entering the following words into her search engine:
disabled and have lost everything husband out of work lost home, treasured dog of 11 years , friends, and family. why do i go on.
I can't understand what about this collection of words called up my blog, except perhaps the sovereignty of God over all things, even Internet searches. But did this woman find the only comfort that really matters, the only words of hope that ring true when you've hit bottom, the powerful words of God?

It worries me that she didn't. I'm imagining that she clicked this blog and then hit "back." That she "bounced" right off because she didn't find what she was looking for.

If only I could scream out to her, "Wait! Come back! I added some Scriptures to my sidebar! There is hope! There is a reason! This disappointing, miserable, everyone-lets-me-down existence isn't all there is! There is Christ! He loves you, He died for You! If see your sin and repent and believe in Him He will SATISFY! You will find joy that is nonsensical. That overcomes your suffering. Please come back and read about Jesus!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...