Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Purpose of the LORD

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21 (ESV)

I had a lot of plans for this fall semester--plans for myself and for our homeschool and our family.

They are almost all scrapped.

Instead, we found out we're expecting another Edwards baby!

And about a week after we realized that, I became extremely sick with nausea. This has been my toughest first trimester ever. After over a week of losing weight and either being too nauseated to eat or else vomiting, I now have a prescription to treat the nausea. I didn't know there was a safe medicine for this, but there is and it is helpful. Since I started the medicine, I've been able to eat three good meals (so far). Hopefully as the days go by, and I'm able to eat better, I will begin to regain some strength. (I was literally exhausted by walking from one room to the next in our house! I think I've been very weakened by not being able to eat enough, all at a time in which my body is demanding more calories from me as it is furiously building a life support system for our new baby!)

I'm so grateful for my family rallying around me to help as I've been nearly bedridden and unable to prepare meals. My dear sister and parents have brought my family meals and come over to help with life!

God is teaching me a new level of dependance upon Him. It is a lesson in humility to be so completely needy, but the fact is that it is a more accurate understanding of my true state-
May all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you!
May those who love your salvation
say evermore, "God is great!"
But I am poor and needy;
hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O LORD, do not delay!

Thank you for joining us in prayer for the health and safety of the baby and for my strength.

9 comments:

Louisiana Laura said...

Congratulations, how wonderful- I hope for you and your family you'll feel better soon, and be able to accomplish what the Lord has in store for this fall. God bless you all- looking forward to updates as time & energy permits!
Laura

Meredith said...

Warm congratulations. Wonderful news - about the baby...not about feeling so depleted because of your pregnancy. It will be my delight to keep you in my prayers.

God bless.

Laura said...

How very exciting!!! Congratulations to all of you. I thought something was up when you weren't blogging much :). But then again, I'm not blogging much either. School takes every extra ounce of time.

May this be a wonderful time where you can bask in God's provision and deep love for you. May you all be blessed!

Can't wait to hear all about this in cyberspace!
Laura

Susie said...

COngratulations! Such lovely news! Praying you'll be back to feeling like yourself very soon. Isn't God good to meet our needs? I love that He even provides dinner for worn out moms.

MOHeather said...

It is my delight to pray for you, your growing baby and your family. The Lord graciously provides all that we need. He knows what we need before we even do. Thanks for sharing your news with us.

MagistraCarminum said...

Wonderful news, Amy! Praying for you and this dear little one!

Sharon said...

I am so glad you have been able to get some medicine to combat the nausea, Amy.

That was an interesting link you included. This quote made me snigger:
"Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks..."

Don't worry, your baby doesn't really have anything at all like a tail in form or function. It is just that the flesh surrounding the end of the spine has not formed the musculature and bones that will later connect the end of the spine to the rest of the body, given that the pelvis isn't there yet, either. The spine develops early (it's obviously very important for protecting the newly forming central nervous system) - limb bones grow later.

No little evolutionist monkey-ites growing in you, Mrs Edwards, my dear friend!

Official congratulaions, as well. I do most sincerely pray that God will shelter and strengthen your family and this newest, tiniest member especially.

~ Sharon

Mrs. Edwards said...

Thank you, everyone! All of your comments are so encouraging and help me remember how exciting this is! I appreciate all of you so much.
~Amy

argsmommy said...

Congratulations, Amy! I was popping over to read about John Adams (I'm reading the same book), and noticed your big news. I hope you're feeling better and am praying for you all.

Kellie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...