Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Update

There is nothing like the sound of the thump-thump-thump of your baby's heartbeat to cheer you up after weeks and weeks of unrelenting nausea. Now eleven weeks pregnant, I'm hoping to feel better very soon! This first trimester has been very difficult, so much so that we wondered a bit if we were having twins again. It didn't seem likely from my size, however, but just to be sure my doctor did a quick scan to check.

What a joy it was to see our tiny little baby floating around in (her) sac, waving (her) arms and kicking (her) legs, (her) umbilical cord floating like a thread tethering (her) to the side of (her) little world. Just one precious baby, not twins. (If you don't know me in life, that might seem crazy, but for my family helping me through this trimester and remembering how sick I was with our twins--and how much less sick I felt with our singleton boys--it was worth checking.)

By the way, all of this, plus a 160 beats per minute heartbeat, has me convinced that we have a girl. Girl or boy, the pronoun "it" just doesn't seem right. Time will tell. We'll know for sure, hopefully, in a couple of months.

8 comments:

tonya_german said...

Ok I am glad you clarified the "She" comments. That had me wondering!!

Twyska said...

Sounds like it's a girl to me too! I was always sicker with my girls. Hope you feel better soon.

Laura said...

Such great news... celebrating with you in all things!

MOHeather said...

What wonderful news! I agree with needing to call the baby he or she. It just doesn't seem right. I think I always called my baby just "baby" until I knew what sex he was. Of course they've always been "hes" in our case. :) It will be so exciting to find out if you're having a boy or a girl! Thanks for sharing this special day with us.

Mrs. Edwards said...

Thanks, guys! Next time I'll call the baby "he" just to keep things even. :)

Sharon said...

Thanks for letting us know how your ultrasound went. I prayed for you and your family for a long time this evening, you were just on my mind. Please let your mum know I was thanking God for all the help she is giving you at the moment!

~ Sharon

learningatourhouse said...

Congratulations! I have not been able to visit for awhile, so it was such a wonderful surprise to hear of your baby news! I was sooo sick with this last one, and I said time after time that I would NEVER do it again. But now that Baby J is just 9 months, I am feeling the tug...lol! Hang in there!

Amy

Mrs. Edwards said...

Thanks, Amy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...