Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Herge's Tintin


Yesterday I was at the library, alone, picking up books we needed for school. As I walked down the aisle I spotted the Tintin books. I realized Lane was ready. I thought Tintin might really grab him. It did. He's come a long way since last year at about this time.

The Adventures of Tintin are a series of comic strips by the Belgian Herge. Written in French over five decades (1929-1976), the journalist Tintin gets into all sorts of dashing adventures that involve world intrigue, Interpol, kidnappings, rescues, artifacts, and geographic locales that span the globe. The comic strip's art work keeps young boys (and girls) engaged and motivated to work out the big words and even foreign words that are sprinkled into the dialogues.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I hadn't hear of these before but I have two littles that I think would really like them. I'm off to check our library and thanks for the tip!

Twyska said...

Just picked up a collection of 3 yesterday and Caleb is already done! Thanks for posting.

Mrs. Edwards said...

Isn't it fun? I'm not into "graphic novels" as they try to call comic strip books, but Tintin seems much classier to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...