Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Introducing...

I'm very excited to introduce you to my father's new poetry blog, JC Feedman's Poetry. Dad began writing poems as a young man. For years we've treasured these poems, framed them, and created booklets for family and friends, but this is the first time Dad's published them online in a blog format for all to read.

Although his blog is just now debuting, there are several decades of poems in his full collection. I'm eager to read them as he publishes them.

Dad is gifted by God to be able to write poetry in rhyming verse that expresses whatever he is thinking or feeling. Usually he doesn't need to fish around for a rhyme--it just rolls off his pen as he expresses his thoughts. (I'm in awe of this because whenever I attempt a poem that follows a meter and rhyming pattern it is a very forced and labored experience.)

I hope you'll click over and read a few poems, then bookmark his site and watch for new posts.

You may remember I've previously posted one of Dad's poems about a trip to one of Nairobi's slums. Also, you can read a Father's Day tribute to my dad here (2008) and here (2009).

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for letting us know about your Dad's poetry blog, Amy. I only have time to read one poem so far (it's 11:15pm!): "Who am I?" I loved its honesty and frankness.

~ Sharon

PS Goodnight my dear friend across the sea.

Susie said...

You dad does indeed have a special gift. I'd like to read "The Battle" aloud to our young adults at our Bible Study tomorrow night. I've been asked to tell my story and it's a beautiful , concise description of what I think God wants me to say.

Mrs. Edwards said...

Susie,
I read your comment to Dad and he was really honored. Glory to God.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...