Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Boy or Girl?

"I think about the nursery and I picture curly heads,
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds.
If you're worried and you can't sleep,
Just count your blessings instead of sheep,
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings."
This Irving Berlin song is featured in one of our favorite Christmas movies, "White Christmas," but we also listen to Amy Grant's recording of the song (from her Christmas Collection album). It captures my mood this Christmas season.
"When our bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all..."
We are having a a surprise fifth child that no financial advisor would ever approve of, but then, financial advisors would have nixed the last two as well! At any rate, God has already shown His provisions for our family and we look forward to seeing how He will continue to provide for our needs--and how He will continue to teach us what our needs truly are.

Yesterday I had my sonogram appointment. I'm not sure if this one will have a curly head or not, but we saw a beautiful baby on the giant flat screen monitor hanging on the wall of the sonogram room, and we are counting our blessings. Nice brain, wonderful heart chambers beating steadily, stomach and bladder with fluid which means systems are working, kidneys, arms, legs, three vessel cord, and a beautiful spine. We have a strip of precious screen shots of little arms up by a little face and a pretty little profile.

But the question everyone wants to know is--Is it a boy or a girl? Our even-steven family of two daughters and two sons won't stay even. What will this tie-breaker be?

We still don't know. Despite her efforts to jiggle the baby into a different position, the sonographer could not get the baby to position properly for a good screen shot of its gender. She told us, "I'm leaning toward girl. I haven't seen anything that indicates a boy, but I haven't been able to get a good look. If you buy anything, don't cut off the tags!"
~~~
Yesterday my dad posted a poem he wrote when I was just five months old, "Generations: A Father's View." It imagines a day when his little baby girl grows up to be a mother and is looking over her own children--something that came to pass for the fifth time yesterday (albeit via sonography!).

Having trouble remembering the "Count Your Blessings" number from White Christmas? Enjoy this clip from the film on YouTube.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Your Joy is a beautiful blessing, either way!

Lord, I thank you and praise you for the wonderful, precious baby growing inside my dear friend Amy. Please keep this child safe in your precious care. And when I say safe, You know I have this little one's eternal future in mind. We know not what is in store for this precious gift from You, but we do earnestly entreat you that you call this baby one of Your children, one of the people of God. LORD You see all things and know all things, and we ask that You will keep Your eye on this little child. Place Your Holy Spirit within her, call her to You, direct her heart after Your will, and make her grow in Your grace. I pray these things in the strong and precious name of Jesus Christ, my Saviour and the Saviour of this precious child. Amen.
PS, LORD Please keep the parents in your heart and hands as well. Help Mr Edwards with his job and keep him safe in the winter. Help Mrs Edwards as her belly grows and the household tasks get harder. Keep her waddling through the winter in your ways, not down her own path! And again I say Amen!

Mrs. Edwards said...

Sharon,
Thank you so much for this heartwarming prayer. You know me so well. Indeed, the safety of this baby that is of most importance to me is its eternal safety in the hands of God!

"Waddling through the winter", I must confess, was a bit less heartwarming! :) Oh well. I can't argue with facts!

Thank you, Friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...