Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Reading

In our two-week break from homeschooling, I'm hoping to do some pleasure reading. Pressing on all sides are things to do: Christmas cards, Christmas wrapping, Christmas baking, Christmas programs, reading aloud to the kids, housework, laundry. But I have a stack of library books that are motivating me to stay on task, get my duties done, so I can dive into the half-dozen books I brought home from the library.

As usual, I imagine reading more than reality affords me. (I never dreamed when I was twenty that the day would come when I barely had time to read a book for more than snatches at a time.) For evidence of that, check out my 2009 reading list, which has gone mostly unread. As a side note, a lesson of making ambitious reading lists: it turns out it is hard to stick to a list. New interests appear out of nowhere and old interests wane.

I'm off to read more of Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers after reading aloud from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer to the kids.

2 comments:

Laura at By the Bushel said...

I've been 2 weeks without 'real' computer access, as we traveled out of town for holiday-- your's was on the list of 'must read's' when I started thinking about getting back to school!! thankful you blog- :) loved the baking demonstration photos, and all the family photos-- Happy & blessed new year to you and yours-

Mrs. Edwards said...

Laura,
I'm honored that you "hurried by" to catch up with us! Happy new year to your family and blessings on your week back to school.
~Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...