Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas and New Year's Day Gallery

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! (Matthew 7:11)

Notice the light-saber hanging from Toby's mismatched pajama pants as he dutifully holds up his rodeo videos for the camera. Toby and Lane both found light-sabers in their stockings.

Sydney and Hope pose in their new jammies on Christmas morning.


Lane unwraps a gift from us and is thrilled with what he finds.

Our special Christmas breakfast of sausage-egg casserole and cinnamon rolls.


On the day after Christmas, I played Settlers of Catan with Hope, Sydney, and Lane. Toby woke up sick on the 26th, but was better by the next day.

On New Year's Day, we had a board game party with my sister and her kids, Howard's parents, and my friend A. and her kids. (My sister's husband and my friend A.'s husband are both soldiers deployed right now.) Sydney, on the left, and Hope, on the right, make chocolate chip cookies with their cousin Haley.


My sister plays a game with Haley.

Haley and Hope play Set.

My sister teaches Haley, Hope, and our friend Josiah to play Trash, a fun and easy card game.


Lane, on the right, plays Set with his cousin Nathan (center) and his friend Jotham.

I play Uno with Toby. He matched a few colors and numbers before losing interest.


Mr. Edwards, Toby, and Mr. Edwards. My father-in-law, son, and husband watch the Sugar Bowl.

We all had so much fun on New Year's Day. After our last guests left at nearly ten o'clock we sent our four to bed tired and happy. As I cleared up the kitchen and Howard watched the rest of the football game, I received a Skype call from my dear friend Sharon. I had so much fun talking with her, hearing her voice, and seeing her in action.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Dear Hope and Sydney,
I got new pyjamas as well for Christmas. My pyjamas are summer pyjamas (it is summer here in Australia), and they have monkeys and rainbows and hearts on them.
I like playing cards as well. I like Old Maid, Crazy Eights and Go Fish. I don't know how to play Set, though.
Love from Anna.

Dear Lane,
I like your present. I like Lego too. I got the Power Miners Crystal King and the Dynamite Blaster. I also bought some second hand Bionicles from Dad. I did jobs around the house to earn my money. I like Lego so much! I don't have any Star Wars Lego, only a Star Wars gun I found on the ground at school.
Love Joshua.

Dear Toby,
I love playing with Josh. We play sword fights. Anna hit me with a sword and that was mean and naughty. It was. I have a sword for knights and I have a shield as well. And I pretend I am Zapping Boy with electricity in my fingers to go "Zap! Zap!"
i love playing Lego with Josh and playing cards with Josh and Anna and Abi and Mum.
I went to the farm and I rode on Granny's cow. I get in Granny and Gramps house and rode on their tractor.
That's all. Love from Pirate Sam.

Dear Sydney and Hope,
I cooked some Monte Carlo biscuits with my Daddy.
Love from Abigail.

Dear Mrs Edwards,
I loved our chat as well. It was lovely to hear your voice. I meant to get the kids on Skype this morning to meet your lot but slept in and it was already 8pm your time when I got the computer on. So these letters will have to suffice. Sorry!
Love from Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...