Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Booby Trapped!

On Monday night Hope, Sydney, and I jumped in our Suburban to drive off to Bible Study Fellowship. As I backed out of the garage, we heard a THUNK! I pushed on the brake and thought, "What happened? Did I run over a scooter? Is there something under the car?" I swung my head around from looking behind and noticed that at the front end of our garage the wheel barrow had fallen over and brought with it plenty of other stuff.

Just at this time Mr. Edwards came out of the house to investigate. "What was that noise?" He had heard it in the house. At about the same moment our eyes fell upon the cause.

Hooked to the front "cattle guard" grill of our Suburban was a tie-down ratchet strap. The other end of the strap was hooked on the wheel barrow. Naturally, our big 4x4 SUV has plenty of towing power. I could have pulled out the entire contents of the garage if things were just right! (Our wheel barrow has lots of things tucked around it.)

"Breathe deeply!" I encouraged my husband and after disconnecting the strap headed out to BSF.

Yes, it was Toby, our four-year-old. He had rigged a "trap" for his sisters (although they were never baited into it) in the corner of our garage and I figure he had no concept of what would happen if the car was moved!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That is hilarious! I can't wait to meet the culprit! Although seeing Toby in action will probably inspire me to miss Sam all that much more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...