Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Hold thou me up and I shall be safe

I hand-copied the "Morning Needs" prayer from Meredith's blog into my prayer journal the other morning, praying each word as I wrote it out. This prayer, from the Valley of Vision collection of Puritan prayers, has been a great start to each day this week. Not that every day has been victorious, but it has helped me to start each day in submission to the will of God.
"May I engage in nothing in which I cannot implore thy blessing,
and in which I cannot invite thy inspection."
Meredith has the full prayer quoted on her blog. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...