Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ten Years!

Hope and Sydney celebrated their tenth birthday this past week. Words can't express what it feels like as a mom to take into my arms a new daughter just two weeks before the tenth birthday of my first two daughters--and to celebrate Mother's Day in between. Hope and Sydney were born on the day before Mother's Day and now Lydia's birthday is just a week or two before.

For their tenth birthday party, my mother and I took Hope and Sydney and two of their friends to a tea room for a ladies lunch.


Hope had grilled chicken salad and peach iced tea.


Sydney had a ham and cheese sandwich and cinnamon hot tea.


Mr. Edwards and I gave Hope and Sydney new bicycles.


I'm restraining myself from saying this over and over to Hope and Sydney, but as I cuddle with our new baby Lydia, I just can't stop thinking about how it feels like it was just yesterday I was cuddling twin baby girls who looked a lot like Lydia.


But our baby girls are young ladies now, and we are so proud of them!

2 comments:

argsmommy said...

It sounds like your girls had a wonderful birthday! It's amazing how kids grow up.

I finally posted pictures of our IRL meeting. We had so much fun getting to know you and your lovely children.

Meredith said...

Gorgeous post. The photo of the three generations is just stunning and Amy, you don't look like you have recently had a baby and probably not getting too much sleep at the moment. You look absolutely radiant. A happy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...