Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mama Grizzlies and the Like

Several Republican women have won primary elections this week in high profile races (Carly Fiorina in the U.S. Senate primary and Meg Whitman in the governor primary in California; Nikki Haley in the governor primary in South Carolina) and lower profile ones (Kristi Noem in the U.S. representative primary in South Dakota).

Sarah Palin endorsed Fiorina and Haley and calls these candidates "Mama Grizzlies."

This comment reminds me of something completely outside of politics: my first reaction to the movie "The Blind Side."

It's a great movie, of course, with an inspiring story. But the women are strong . . . and the men are, well, complete wimps.

Consider the husband. Kind. Loving. Supportive. Submissive even. But not much of a leader.
The coach. Hesitant. Uncertain.
The male teachers. Mostly negative, grumpy, and doubters.

After four decades of feminism, our culture is feminized. But femininity and masculinity are lost.

3 comments:

Alicia Butler said...

It could be an interesting fall for Republican women, huh?

How is your aunt? What type of cancer?

Hope all is well. And I don't mind your vents :-)

Mrs. Edwards said...

Alicia,
My aunt isn't feeling well at all right now. It is ovarian cancer. Thanks for praying for her.

Re: Republican women. They have my vote (if I were in their districts or states) and I hope they win! I just feel sad that take-the-bull-by-the-horns women are rising to the fore in our culture and men are capitulating. Not a happy situation for our sons or our daughters.

Laura at By the Bushel said...

I'm holding up my 'lighter' because you said it so well...
Enjoyed the blindside, because I'm 'from memphis' in a round about way. but it's just like you said, the picture of the men is all too familiar (and disfunctional), and it was a sentimental, inspriting- turned- out- well story. but I'm left wondering, is this the future?
After listening to several ladies recently present in a church assembly what I thought should have been presented by men in positions of authority, I'm wondering what kind of 'dinosaur' I am? ...
feeling the aches & pains of 'millions of years' of this movement towards 'feminism'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...