Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Postpartum Algebra

y = pre-pregnancy weight, a faint memory and a current goal

z = y + 50, weight at delivery. I know! Fifty pounds. A little more than what is recommended.

x = z - 30 pounds, weight three weeks after delivery---and four weeks after, and five weeks after, and six weeks, and seven, and eight. . . I seem to be stuck at x when I want to get to y!

y = x - 20

Then, this morning----

x - 3 = current weight!

Rejoicing in small victories. Bigger victories:

Lydia sleeps from 10 to 6 without eating! I get up to settle her a few times, but she goes right back to sleep with her pacifier or music. I don't deserve it, but I'm grateful that God gave me such a happy fifth baby. An example of His grace.

Especially since my dear fourth child is often unspeakably naughty, which quite frankly is another example of God's grace. He is so good to give me a child that forces me to my knees each morning and shows me that I must depend upon Him! Compliant children just deceive us into thinking that we don't need prayer and don't need God.

4 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

Well done, Amy! And keep loving that naughty child. He'll grow up one day, too!

Mrs. Edwards said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Chris! Sometimes--make that often--I forget to take the long view!

Debi said...

Cute - very cute way to put it. :)
This is my first time to visit - I really like your blog!

Sharon said...

What is it about fourth children? Is it that we are "over" all the effort of enforcing boundaries by the time they arrive? I was just comparing notes with another mother of four yesterday and we both have exactly the same problems with our fourth.
xtxS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...