Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Speech Ferapy

It suddenly dawned on me that Toby is not pronouncing his "th" sounds. For the voiced "th" in this, that, there, he substitutes a "d" sound. In the quiet "th" in bath, thanks, and therapy he uses an "f" sound.

Toby's young enough that this might still resolve on its own, but I'm thinking I might like to help him along in the process.

I was happy to find this website, mommy speech therapy, to help.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

We love speech therapy in this house. We had our oldest doing it to elimate a stutter (successful) and our youngest to teach him to speak because at two he had no words! That too was successful - so much so that when we went back after a six month gap for an assessment I asked our therapist if she could undo her good work!

I have been thinking I need to take oldest back because he still hasn't got the "R" sound. I taught him "th" and "l" but I have no idea how to do "R"! I was momentarily excited to follow your link to "mommy speech therapy" but when I read the article about teaching "R" I'm thinking I'll book into the speech therapist.

All the best with "th"! And that is a BEAUTIFUL photo of Lydia on your header!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...