Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Tell My Trouble Before Facebook?

This morning I read this:
With my voice I cry out to the LORD;
With my voice I plead for mercy to the LORD.
I pour out my complaint before him;
I tell my trouble before him. (1)
It occurred to me: Am I crying out to Facebook and Twitter and my blog with pleadings and complaints instead of crying out in prayer to the LORD? If I'm sending my complaints into the ether(net) rather than to the Creator God, isn't it idolatry?
When you cry out, let your collection of idols deliver you!
The wind will carry them off,
a breath will take them away.

But he who takes refuge in me shall possess the land and shall inherit my holy mountain.(2)
(1) Psalm 142:1-2 (ESV)
(2) Isaiah 57:13 (ESV)

1 comment:

Laura at By the Bushel said...

Technology is great, ... unless it replaces your God, & becomes your altar of worship, with blessing and food for the soul from another source--other than The Creator!
I AM
Thanks for this spiritually healthy reminder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...