Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Post-Library Recess

After we returned from the library, I sent the kids out back to play until lunch was ready. Here's what I saw when I looked out to check on them.



3 comments:

Mike said...

That's a great picture! I especially liked the dog sitting there watching them all.
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've only recently started up with it, but I'm enjoying it so far.
And I have to say, you are the first person to get the Annie Dillard reference!! I wondered if anyone would so I was thrilled to read your comment!!! I love her. She's easily in my top 5 favorite authors. In fact, just recently I re-read 'For the Time Being'... such a great book.
Well, thanks again for checking out my blog. I intend to read yours on a regular basis.
Have a good night.
-Mike

Sharon said...

This is such a fun photo, Amy! I just love it. They are all so sweet.

Now the question for tomorrow is: How many of them got to the breakfast table in time, and how many were still reading in bed when they should have been dressed and ready for the day?

Mrs. Edwards said...

Mike,
As much as I love An American Childhood (and I've blogged about it before here: http://sixedwards.blogspot.com/2010/04/great-awakening.html), I've not read anything else by Annie Dillard. I guess I better read her other books! I've probably read An American Childhood half a dozen times, so it is strange I haven't read her other books.

Sharon,
You nailed it. Last night Mr. Edwards caught Hope reading well after "lights-out" time and, needless to say, both girls were late for breakfast! And that was before we picked up the new stash of library books! How exactly do I teach my kids self-discipline when I'm sorely lacking the quality myself?

Praying for grace,
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...