Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Snapshots


Lydia is changing so quickly. She rolls over now and reaches for things. I've also noticed her grasping her hand, not quite "raking," but closing her open hand and scratching at her blanket.


At her four-month check-up, as she screamed during her vaccinations, I noticed her bottom tooth coming through. I'm trying to hold on to every moment, but the time is just flying by with Lydia's babyhood.



One afternoon I found Lane entertaining Lydia in the best way he knew how: sharing an audiobook with her! Notice how he placed the little speakers and carefully held the book for her.


The five Edwardses.


Toby is having preschool three mornings a week with my mother, his Grandma. She is giving him an amazing time of structure and routine and I have have the time to work with the older three students. In the picture above you see him showing his older siblings that he has learned to put the days of creation in order, after they were shuffled.







One of Toby's favorite things about preschool is snack time. Grandma lets him choose a ping-pong ball and look for the letter or number that is written on the ball. If he draws an "A", he must find the "A" on the alphabet strip, then he may choose a snack from the snack basket with the letter "A." Drawing a numeral gives him "free choice" snack.





1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your Mom has some great ideas for preschool with Toby! I may just borrow a few next year when I begin homeschooling Sam. I have him at home on his own for two whole years before he "has" to start away school with the others. At the moment I am getting excited about the freer time for me that I'll have with him in Kindy two days a week next year (one of which will be the day I work for the church), but this post has me getting excited about teaching him his letters and numbers in the rest of the week. Thanks!

By the way, Abi says Lydia is the "beautifullest". I agree.

I like the family of five photo as well.

xtxS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...