Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Faith that Changes

I'm praying for stronger, deeper faith.

In reading Tozer's Man: The Dwelling Place of God, I've taken time to examine myself. What does my faith mean to me anyway? What does it mean to God? It is a part of my identity, but does it have power?

"Plain horse sense ought to tell us that anything that makes no change in the man who professes it makes no difference to God either, and it is an easily observable fact that for countless numbers of persons the change from no-faith to faith makes no actual difference in the life."
So what is faith?
"It is not the 'believing' of a statement we know to be true. . . the very fact that [some] feel a necessity to seek proof for the truths of the Scriptures proves something else altogether, namely, their own basic unbelief. When God speaks unbelief asks, 'How shall I know that this is true?' I AM THAT I AM is the only grounds for faith. . . Faith as the Bible knows it is confidence in God and His Son Jesus Christ; it is the response of the soul to the divine character as revealed in the Scriptures; and even this response is impossible apart from the prior working of the Holy Spirit."

What changes are happening in my schedule because of my faith in God? What actions am I taking because I believe the Truth changes everything?

"I sought the LORD and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4

Quotes from Tozer's Man: The Dwelling Place of God, chapter "Faith: The Misunderstood Doctrine"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...