Imparting a classical education at home. Check out the Edwards Academy.

Psalm 78
. . . we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. .
so the next generation would know them . . . and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkins


Several weeks ago we happily harvested some pumpkins from Walter's Pumpkin Patch. Last Sunday we had a blast carving the pumpkins with friends at a pumpkin-carving party.


Today I roasted the seeds, which we buttered and salted and ate in their hulls.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That is sooo cool. At the moment we have a gigantic pawpaw on the kitchen bench and this morning Abigail and Samuel asked Jeff if it was a pumpkin, so I am about to show Sam your pics.
xS

Sharon said...

Now Sam wants to make a paw paw face! xS

Mrs. Edwards said...

I didn't know what a pawpaw was, but Google helped me decide it must be what we call papaya?

It is pumpkin-pecan pie season around here. I need to make one soon. :)

I'm glad Sam liked our Jack-O-Lanterns. I didn't even put the candles in yet. I'll have to put in an updated pic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...